- Our store opening times are:
Mon - Sat : 9.30am - 5pm
Closed Sunday (Except the Sundays in December up to Christmas)
Bank Holiday Mondays and Sundays: - See About Us for more details
What If I Need To Make A Change To My Purchase?
- Please contact us as soon as possible either via email or telephone and have your purchase details ready to hand. It will not be possible to make changes if your good have already been dispatched.
How Do I Check My Finger Size?
- The best way to check finger size is to visit our store in Ashbourne, where one of our advisers can measure you finger. The size may vary slightly depending on the style of ring you are looking for.
- Alternatively we can send you a plastic ring gauge in post. Please be aware these may not be 100% accurate
- Visit a local jewellery and ask them to measure your finger, note down your finger size and ask if they used a leading edge or centre line gauge.
How Long Does It Take For A Bespoke Piece Of Jewellery?
- This time-scale varies depending on several factors. We may need to get in a selection of loose stones in for you to view etc. Once a you have confirmed a proceed on a design/stones etc it is usually around 4-6 weeks unless there is a large number of stones to hand set then it could be up to 8-10 weeks. If the item is needed for a specific date we will always try to work within realistic time-scales.
Does My Jewellery Leave Avanti For Repairs?
- We carry out around 60% of repairs on-site. We also have specialist craftsmen who we have long established working relationships with in Birmingham where repairs are hand delivered and collected. All items are fully insured whilst in our care and locked in our safe unless they are undergoing the necessary work in the workshop.
Can My Purchase Be Engraved?
- A selection of products can be engraved but please contact us before purchasing to check if this is possible. Charges will apply for this service and pieces cannot be returned once they are personalised.
What Are The Best Diamond Certificates?
- The best certificate is the GIA (Gemological Institute Of America)
- The next best diamond certificates are the HRD (Hoge Raad voor Diamant) and IGI (International Gemological Institute)
What If I Ordered The Wrong Ring Size?
- If your ring was made to order and the finger size wasn't measured in-store with us there may be additional charges if the ring needs to be re-made.
- Platinum and gold will usually size within three sizes depending on the design. We may need to remake the ring if it is not possible to re-size.
- Palladium doesn't size easily but most designs will adjust a couple of sizes.
- Titanium is an extremely hard metal and therefore cannot be sized more than one size. You would need to return the ring to us unworn for us to exchange the ring. This would take an additional three weeks as our titanium rings are made to order. Unfortunately we cannot exchange rings which have been personalised with engraving.
- Silver can sometimes be sized depending on the type of stone and how it is set. As silver is such a good conductor of heat the stone can be damaged in the sizing process. It is best to return the ring back to us unworn and we can exchange this for a different finger size.
What Are The Birthstones For Each Month?
January - Garnet
February - Amethyst
March - Aquamarine
April - Diamond
May - Emerald
June - Pearl
July - Ruby
August - Peridot
September - Sapphire
October - Opal
November - Topaz
December - Turquoise
What Are the Jewellery Related Wedding Anniversaries?
25th - Silver
30th - Pearl
35th - Coral
40th - Ruby
45th - Sapphire
50th - Gold
55th - Emerald
60th - Diamond
How Do I Care For My Gemstones?
Diamond, Sapphire, rubies and aquamarine are harder stones so it is safe to use warm soapy water.
Extra care must be taken with gemstones such as Emerald, Tanzanite, Opal, Pearl, Blue John and Mother of Pearl avoiding chemicals and heat as these are some of the more delicate gemstones.
We recommend professional cleaning for all gemstones.
What if I only know the finger size which is not a UK size?
Diamond Here we have a ring size conversion chart from other countries such as the United States, Europe, and Asia. We always recommend getting your finger measured by a professional in the UK if possible as this chart is only a guide.